Sunday, April 29, 2007

clouds...





The clouds were spectacular this evening. I've been feeling so drawn to be outside when there is such a display in the skies. I'm reminded of the correlation in Chinese acupuncture theory between the energy of the Liver meridian and the clouds. In Five Element theory, the Hun is the spiritual aspect of the soul and "...inhabits the vaporous, ever-changing region of our visions, dreams and imagination..." according to Lorie Eve Dechar as she writes in her book 'Five Spirits'. The Hun is the realm through which we find our true path.

I had a mostly sleepless night last night. My schedule has gotten me sleeping later and later, and so, needing to be up early today for a rescheduled workshop, I ended up with very little sleep.
From Lorie again..."Adequate sleep and time enough for dreaming will help to make the liver a good home for the hun and encourage them to roost again at night."

"...a day spent watching the shapes of the clouds move across the blue sky will sometimes do more for [the hun] than any medication."

I guess that was my 'medicine' for today ;-).

The gorgeous clouds, and a visit from the almost full moon.

No comments: