Saturday, May 19, 2007

Happenings...

What have I been up to lately?
In case anyone is interested :-).
Let's see, I am finally finishing knitting a 'trapeze tank top' that I started about two years ago. I stopped for awhile and recently have gotten the knitting bug again and have been working on it fairly steadily for a little while. I'm casting off the last edge and will have to block it (flatten it) and sew it together and finish it and it will be done! It feels like a mirror to the rest of my life lately, a sense of completion of all that I've been dealing with for the past two years of changes in perspective and in my way of being. It feels good to have something that can represent that sense of closure to me. Knitting is always a nice way to clear my mind and put the world 'to rights' for me, too. There's a relationship between orderly thinking and the process of knitting, and I find that it does me a lot of good.

I bought the recent issue of Knits magazine and found my next project. It's actually available for free on the website...freepatterns
Here's a photo...


I had a nice visit with a friend at Barnes and Noble last night. Another new way of being for me, after years of raising my sons and home-learning with them, which made it difficult to connect with others and just have a simple get together over coffee. There were other contributing factors, I know other mothers have been able to do this, but for me this simple activity is a real blessing in my life right now.

Earlier, I read a post about making a great cup of coffee at UnweavingTheNest and went on an internet search for a manual drip coffee making system and found this...


It's available at Fante's in the Italian Market in Philly. It can be ordered online, but I'll find another way to get it. I have friends who live near there, maybe someone'll want to go pick it up for me ;-). So, one way or another, it's on my wish list now, and I'm looking forward to a better cup of coffee! I love the simple ritual of setting up the coffee maker and making coffee. Probably more than I like drinking it, though my ceramic, hand-painted mugs from Peru do help with that, too.


I think this set will make the process even better.


More to come...

Life is good!

2 comments:

Carter said...

Hmmm... *I* live near Fante's...

Cindy said...

hmmmm....a volunteer?