Sunday, June 17, 2007

blogging videos...

There are times when I will just put a video up as a blog post, and I'll wonder if that's really what I want to do on my blog, but sometimes it just seems to be all I want to 'say'. I like having the ability to have music and visuals on my blog, I love the multi-media capabilities, and that I can provide a 'musical interlude'. The last video came about because I had heard a song on the radio (on Philly's wxpn) called What It Is by Mark Knopfler (former 'front man' for Dire Straits). I searched online to find more information about the artist and that led me to YouTube for the video, and along with that one I found the Wonderful Tonight video with Eric Clapton.

I never quite liked that song!
Something about it irritated me, as though it was reducing the idea of relationships to dressing up and looking good ;-), but listening to this version changed my mind about it. This one is so beautifully choreographed that every nuance of music and voice seem to be premeditated, and this makes me take quite a bit more notice than I normally would. At the moment, after listening to it so very consciously, and taking in every nuance of emotion that seems to be lying under the words, it seems like the most beautiful love song I've ever heard...

So funny how perceptions can change when new information comes in!

So, the end of that process is that I am so pleased with the song that I just put it up on my blog...no explanation, I guess at that point I don't feel very wordy, so I thought a little explanation might be in order ;-)

And...why not?...here's the video for What It Is...

No comments: