Monday, June 25, 2007

happy birthday...

We had a good, simple day today. Birthdays have always tended to be simple, fun days for us. George invited a few friends, Carter, Cathy and Leah (who wasn't able to make it)...games were played, food was prepared and eaten, Carter, Mike and I went in search of the best cheesecake, while George and Cathy played video games. Trader Joe's actually came out the winner, with a New York Style cheesecake in the freezer section. Frozen strawberries and blackberries with chocolate syrup rounded out the deal (good call for Carter!).




































Nineteen years old, today!
This mama is tired after a full, happy day.

3 comments:

Carter said...

What a statuesque pose...

PixieDust said...

Happy Belated Birthday to your little one. I know, not so little but ALWAYS your little one (no matter how much they protest). It looks like a good time was had by all.
Thank you for your oh-so sweet words on my blog! It was very encouraging.

Cindy said...

Carter, such elegance! and thank you, you made the day, especially for Mike, even though it may not be so obvious...I can see how much it means to him to have you around.

Pixiedust...thanks for the birthday wishes, it was a fun day, I think the age is just a number...they're always timeless beings no matter how much they grow!
I'm so glad I could pass the encouragement around to you on your blog...I meant every word. Keep writing from your heart, you do it so well!