Saturday, June 16, 2007

hungry...



Fuyst I knocks ova ya gabage....
















then yuse gives me some food that i don' hav' ta scrounge for...




jus' wish those noisy cars wud let me eat in peace!



















Am I losin' it?
I don't want her/him messing up my garbage every night, but I don't want to turn away a hungry critter who might even be a starving mama needing to feed her kids...

I actually don't mind the nighttime visitor, I do mind messy garbage all over the place in the morning, so, left over hamburger buns might work for a little while.

What do raccoons eat when they don't get into our garbage? Is it just easier for them to scrounge rather than hunt their own food? And the garbage can lid was on tight, but I guess knocking it over pops it off if it lands on the handle. Might be time to get some bungee cords to hold it all down even if it falls over.

An interesting observation...all kinds of lights have little effect on the raccoon (camera flashes, flashlights, etc)...they see it, maybe dimly, but don't run away, but if there's noise, they're ready to run! (um...lumber away hastily might be a better term)

On a different subject, I finally figured out how to cut glass! Such a simple thing when it finally works out right. I originally didn't have the glass on a hard enough surface when I scored it with the glass cutter. When I used the right table, then broke it while holding it over the edge of the table, and it worked!, I realized that it's really basically breaking glass, but doing so with a straight guideline to convince it to break where I want it to. The point of this is to be able to create a pendant or charm of a glass sandwich with an image inside that will be taped and soldered all around the edge. I've wanted to do this for so long, but couldn't make sense out of the glass cutting part for some reason. Mercury retrograde is doing me some good...bringing back something that I couldn't do before, so now I can. To think...I couldn't seem to think straight all day, but the creative side of my brain was able to do something that my logical side couldn't figure out.

~Here's a link to an example which was made by the very talented Sarah e. Smith of Rustic Relics.~

When Mercury goes retrograde, as of June 15th this time around, the logical, linear part of the brain starts to take a back seat to the abstract, emotional side of the brain. It's a good time to allow for sudden insights, and for reflecting on the past, but not so good for thinking clearly and logically. Maybe that's why mr/ms raccoon was talking so funny!

2 comments:

Carter said...

I want you to show me how glass cutting is done! I used to know, but have lost the knowledge... and it seems useful!

As for Mr. Raccoon... can you keep your garbage cans in the garage for a few weeks? Removing the food source may make him look elsewhere...

Cindy said...

Good idea about the garbage cans! but what will I take pictures of then...?

and I will show you the glass cutting process...and then you'll remember and can tell me how to do it better ;-)