Thursday, June 28, 2007

mercury retro...

We are in the middle of a Mercury retrograde period. This time around, Mercury is in the sign of Cancer, which is related to the moon, and to our emotional natures. At this moment that I am writing, just before 3 pm on the 28th, Mercury is at the exact position in the sky as the Sun...in the sign of Cancer...giving a strong impetus for emotional awareness, whether that be through talking, writing, or simply reflecting and thinking. The moon is passing through the point where Jupiter is right now, in Jupiter's home sign of Sagittarius, bringing emotional awareness to the part of our natures that has to do with expansiveness and higher truth. Venus, planet of love and relationships in general, is at the same point as Saturn, the planet relating to structure and authority, and they are in the 10th house, which carries a Saturn/Capricorn theme, and they are also in Leo...romance, art, expressiveness, playfulness. Libra is rising on the horizon, Libra also relates to Venus and relationships, as well as balance and fairness.

There are many interpretations of all of this, but I think just reflecting on some of these images is a good thing to do. We are heading towards a full moon on Saturday, with the energies of Cancer and Capricorn highlighted. Emotional awareness is very much at the forefront of our lives right now, our concepts of relationships, our relationship with our own selves, and even gender issues...what it means to be male and female in this time and in whatever culture you are most connected to, as well as your relationship with your own masculine and feminine sides.

With Mercury passing over the Sun as he travels backwards (from our perspective) this is the highlight of this Mercury retrograde period, and so will probably be strongly felt. I am definitely feeling very introspective and lots of emotional patterns are coming to the forefront for me. I have a very strong Cancer/Capricorn focus in my birthchart, and so these issues of the balance between sensitivity and structure have been a major focus in my life, and I am grateful for the opportunity that I feel right now to look at these issues and feelings more closely. (and what I try to do is not so much analyzing these patterns, but allowing insights and feelings to come to the surface...which can allow for that 'ah ha' sense of suddenly knowing what it all means to me)

All of these challenges are pointing us towards being more loving towards ourselves. I've heard it many times, and it becomes more and more clear to me, that we cannot truly love anyone else until we are able to love and accept ourselves. What I have seen that happens is that we project aspects of our own selves onto others, when we are not able or willing to accept them as our own. It is not an easy task to recognize and accept all that is inside of ourselves that we may not even be ready and able to handle...so this takes time. It encompasses the negative and the positive aspects, as well! When you see something wonderful in another person, that is a part of your own self as well...sometimes we are not ready to fully live up to that and so we allow others to embody our own good natures, too.

Really, all of this is ok...life is a process that we learn through. Resisting these processes are what cause us pain...so if you find that there is much pain emotionally, it is good to try to recognize what you may be resisting in your life and in your awareness...and just allow for it to be there...

3 comments:

kateri said...

thank you. :-) you really do have a gift for this.

i think it is absolutely true... the importance of allowing our emotions to be what they are, and not always fighting them. Really, just allowing what is really right in front of us to just be what IT is, and not always wishing it were something else.

Lots to dwell in...

thanks again!

PixieDust said...

Very thought provoking. Often we put on a "brave" front because we believe society asks this of us, when really we should try to listen to what we ask of ourselves.
Thank you.

Cindy said...

When I was a little girl I was a 'crybaby'.
I cried all through the first few years of school, I cried if someone just looked at me harshly, etc. I would get yelled at for crying, and that would make me cry harder...
so I learned over time to stop and be 'brave'...then I had to learn later how to let myself cry again ;-)...so I could heal.
I guess I've had a lot of opportunity to try to understand all this...actually a deep need to understand in order to find wholeness. I love that I can share what I have learned, and what I'm still learning, with others and maybe help us all to be able to allow our emotions to just 'be'. I still struggle with it, but I've come a long way.
I was told tonight that my boys are especially nice for teenage boys...well, they were never told not to cry, and they don't have to be brave, so they can be nice ;-).