Saturday, June 30, 2007

moon illusion...

I am feeling so tired this weekend...I'm hoping to take some time to rest. I just wanted to post a little notice about the full moon's appearance according to NASA.

"Sometimes you can't believe your eyes. This weekend is one of those times.

On Saturday night, June 30th, step outside at sunset and look around. You'll see a giant moon rising in the east. It looks like Earth's moon with the usual craters and seas, but something's wrong. This full moon is strangely inflated. It's huge!

You've just experienced the Moon Illusion.

Sky watchers have known for thousands of years that low-hanging moons look unnaturally big. Cameras don't see it, but human eyes do; it's a genuine illusion.

This weekend's full moon hangs lower in the sky than any other full moon of 2007, so the Moon Illusion is going to be strong."

Hopefully I'll remember to go out there and see it!
What bothers me, though, is that cameras can't record this. I'll probably have to go out there and check that out for sure ;-).

Here's a little something about resting as well:

Saturday, June 30, 2007 @ 12:00:00 GMT
Keywords for the Day: Demands and Service
Full Moon Sun is at: 08° Capricorn (0) 25’ in I-Ching Hexagram 58 Line 5 at 13:48;
Moon is at: 08° Cancer (4) 25’ in I-Ching Hexagram 52 Line 5 at 13:48.
Take time to rest. Put the needs of others in perspective
while you take care to involve yourself only in things that align energetically with your Highest Self. When you doubt
an action, put it aside for the time being. We enter a period of relative inactivity with less drive cosmically for action. Take heed of this cosmic pattern to listen to your Self.
The demands of others challenge you to recognize your patterns of behavior. Attend to the stories you play in your mind so you can transform through positively reframing them
in ways that can empower you in your life. Today is the perfect day for this transformation of your thoughts as they activate throughout your interactive life. When
someone demands something of you, take time to listen for your inner feelings to guide you towards your deepest true response. Such depth of consideration can change the way
you think about things in very positive ways. Continue to eat carefully and thoughtfully.
Spiritual dimensions also gain in energy.

© Unified Life Sciences. 2006, 2007. Simply Your Self™. 2007. All Rights Reserved.
Contact Information: Eleanor Haspel-Portner, Ph.D.
Email: ehp@unifiedlifesciences.com Telephone: (310) 230-7787
www.unifiedlifesciences.com






One more thing...a new issue of Cloth Paper Scissors...why do they all come out at the same time? (Kateri, Misty's in this one, too ;-)

3 comments:

kateri said...

I saw the moon on my way home from work... it IS huge! I love it... it is out right now... in broad daylight :-)

PixieDust said...

Very cool! I cannot wait! My daughter will be at the beach, and I've told her to keep an eye out - she is a lover of sunsets!

Cindy said...

Somehow, when I'm looking for the moon, I don't get to see it...at least not low in the sky and huge like this time, but I will come across it when I'm driving and not expecting it and it just blows me away! So, I tried this time, but didn't get to see it until it was getting high in the sky. I guess we had too many clouds and too many trees!