Tuesday, June 26, 2007

more birthday...

In the birthday post for George, the first photo was of him dodging a water gun blast...not Carter's though, Cathy's. I wasn't sure if she was comfortable with having her photos here, as she has been quite uncomfortable at times with even showing people her artwork...it didn't feel right to put her pictures here without asking her first. I knew Carter and George would not have a problem with their photos on display (and now even Michael is feeling better about his photos as well!) So, I get to show another part of the party, but what I am most happy about is that Cathy also gave me approval for posting her artwork!
















Cathy had given George two drawings that she made just for his birthday, so that he could scan them and color them using Photoshop. What that means is that these are actually quick works for Cathy, who normally does very detailed, involved drawings. I may sneak a bit of her other work in here as well...





















Now, I'm 'sneaking in' the mermaid that she's been working on for me. I had wanted to photograph it before it was fully colored in (I'm sure there's a better word for that, but I can't think of it), because I knew that the finished work would look very different, after having seen the process with some of her other works. It also gave me the opportunity to 'have' the artwork while she was still working on it.
Click on the photo and take a look at the scales on the bottom half of the mermaid and the detail in the hair.



Thanks Cathy!
George helped her to set up an account on Deviant Art, so expect to see more from her there.
George also just finished adding a journal entry about her here,
so here is what he has to say about her and her work...



:iconeyeofomega:~EyeOfOmega>--<<>
<<><>>-------------------------------------------<<><>>
Fairly new to DeviantART, but a very good friend of mine in real life... she's a fellow Aikido-ka at the Aikido Dojo I've been going to for the past two-plus years. Always fun to train or hang out with.
Anyway, she's got an amazingly detailed art style... most of her works are incredibly complex and beautiful. She doesn't seem to think so, but that doesn't make her art any less pretty. :D
So far, she's managed to upload two deviations (she gave them to me for my recent 19th birthday, and I managed to scan them for her). Make sure to check them out; as soon as we figure out how to get them scanned properly, I'll personally make sure she uploads more work. :mwahaha:

2 comments:

kateri said...

wow, that is just amazing. And beautiful. It is so finely detailed! I love the little details on the ends of the braids. Only a woman would do that! Thanks for sharing with us, Cathy!

Cindy said...

Thanks, Kateri. It's funny, I had to go look at the braids to see the bows after you mentioned it. I think some people are just more attuned to details. I'm always amazed by the work that Cathy does. I'll try to post some more soon.