Sunday, June 17, 2007

some random photos...

The crescent moon was so beautiful tonight. This is the best I could do with my camera...

In actuality, the moon was a thin orange crescent, and looked much more elongated than this, which is actually a double image. Up to the left is what I believe is Saturn. In between the two should be Venus, obscured by the trees.

There's a sky map here, and an interesting video showing the phases of Venus, here...



This is Akuma, with his new coat of fur...


From about the shoulder area down is all new. This is mostly the under-fur. The hairs are shorter than the longer ones that he will eventually be covered in, like the ones on his head and neck. He was all skin from his upper chest area on down until I discovered that he was having a reaction to the Ferretone that was supposed to keep his fur shiny and healthy. (You can look back to this post for more details.)

The new fur is so neat looking, especially after the worry that he might have some serious illness.


Here he is from an odd angle...

...so furry!






A cloud from the other day...









....and some Daylilies...



Interesting Daylily info...

"The scientific name for daylily is Hemerocallis, most recently considered to belong in the plant family Hemerocallidaceae. Previously, many older works placed daylilies in the Lily family, Liliaceae. Notice that we prefer to spell the word "daylily" as one word. Many dictionaries spell it as two words. The word Hemerocallis is derived from two Greek words meaning "beauty" and "day," referring to the fact that each flower lasts only one day. "

A flower essence made from these would relate to a healthy sense of self-esteem and trusting your Self. Don't you feel good just looking at them? They look like they're ready to jump into life with open arms. I guess if I were only going to live for one day, I would too ;-). Isn't that the way we start out in life? How wonderful to remember that we can always feel this way!

A little note about flower essences, though it would take a lot more to explain what they do and how they work...every flower, tree, plant correlates to some aspect of our own natures. Imagine, we are not separate from anything in the Universe, it is all us. The healthiest flowers have an energy that we can resonate with and come back into balance by ingesting, or even just sitting with them and absorbing their vibrations. Think of how you feel when you see a beautiful flower, or breathe in it's fragrance...there is an effect that is more than just mental. We are uplifted by their presence and their energy, as much as by their beauty.

A flower essence is made by placing the flowers in pure spring water and allowing the combination to sit in full sunlight for a period of time, usually two hours. The flowers are then removed, while their energetic vibrations have been transferred to the water with the help of the sunlight. What is ingested is the energetic vibrations of the flowers, and taken over a period of time, this can help us to balance our own energies in relation to whatever emotional issue that particular flower embodies.

I hope you all had a great Father's Day, today. I took my sons to the dojo for an Aikido 'intensive' (which is actually where my last post was posted from), so that they could practice for their upcoming test for brown belt (or 2nd kyu), which is the last belt color before black!
(though there are two levels within each color, so this is the first of two brown belt tests)

They've come a long way in two years of weekly practicing. Next month they'll do their test at Villanova Universtity in St. David's PA, at a camp for over 200 people who come from all over the northern part of the east coast, and sometimes even further away than that, to practice with the founder of Kokikai Aikido, Shuji Maruyama, who will be visiting from Japan. This next month they'll be very focused on practicing as testing day looms closer!
Hopefully I'll have some good photos at that time.

2 comments:

Kateri said...

Cindy... you just amaze me with your intuitive knowledge of healing. I know you done a great deal of study, but it seems so natural to you. I have notice that I am drawn to certain flowers lately, mostly yellow-orange, which I have never really like d before. I have always preferred a more delicate 'palette'... but the interesting thing is the smell. Sometiems I am wtering the flowers nad one just says "smell me", and then the scent stays with me for quite some time. I want to learn more about the flower essences. Thanks for sharing your insight!

The crescent moon is so elusive to photograph... the double images!

Cindy said...

Thanks, Kateri.
I think you're right, it is a combination of study and that it comes naturally to me. I only study what resonates with me on a deep level, so it wouldn't work the same if I were trying to study something else and had to struggle to learn it.
The colors are important. Orange relates to the 2nd chakra...life-force energy, and yellow to the third...solar plexus and emotional self awareness, just to give a basic idea about that. I have an uncomfortable relationship with yellow/orange, too. I did have an orange Camaro once! and yet it's not a comfortable color for me. It does indicate something...I'll have to look that up ;-).
I think with your Taurus energy, you know just what you need by how it calls to you, like the smell of the flowers!

And the double moon...I need a good digital SLR! I have a Nikon Coolpix which is decent, but I do miss my 35mm SLRs!