Saturday, July 28, 2007

cat in the grass...


Just some silliness tonight...I was so sick on Thursday with some kind of stomach thing...but managed to get myself together enough to get the guys to aikido for the later class. I thought recuperating would be easier than this, but it's taking a little while to coordinate my hunger with my body's ability to handle food again, so I am feeling quite slowed down at the moment.

Just before it got really dark, I went outside to lay in the grass on our hill behind the house. It felt and smelled so good, my cat, Tippy, thought so too, and came to join me, which made me want my camera sooo bad, so eventually I went in and got it but it was getting quite dark then and the mosquitos were extremely plentiful and hungry as well! I did manage a few photos, so here's my contribution for the moment....





I'm also working on a necklace for the Art Bead Scene Challenge for July...the theme for the month is Mermaid's Grotto...I've been collecting all things sea-like for so long, and have several mermaid pendants, so when I saw this at the beginning of the month I knew I'd have to make something for it, but with all that's been happening with the boys' aikido testing, it's taken this long to get going on it. Check out the entries that are there, there are quite a few and they are all beautiful! I do have something in the works, and expect to have it done and photographed soon. I also started creating a beading nook for myself in an upstairs room. The room has needed an overhaul for awhile, after incarnations as a craft/computer room, a bedroom for friends who needed a place to live while starting an alternative health center nearby, a ferret play space, etc, etc. I'm finding that it's just easier to focus on one area right now as my need for beading space dictates. Maybe I'll just go through the room corner by corner ;-), having a dormer in it, there are more than four, so that helps.

I also just finished watching The Holiday...that was fun, a sweet double love story...it's nice to watch one of those every once in a while.

2 comments:

PixieDust said...

You and your kitty, what better medicine for a few days of blah, no?
Can't wait to see your necklace...
Hope you're feeling tons better.

:-)

Cindy said...

Thanks, pixiedust. I am better, and your good wishes help, too ;-). Kitty is the best medicine, and the necklace is coming soon. That's good medicine, too!