Sunday, July 1, 2007

deviant artist...

Lots going on in my head today....reflecting on issues relating to art, motherhood, being female...somehow it's all connected for me...

So...I feel like playing with art...and all kinds of things come up.

One, somewhat unrelated issue, is that I cannot post a comment on Cathy's deviant art account without getting my own membership...

...so I was thinking that if I did I would post photographs, and I started searching to see what kinds of photographs are on Deviant Art...would I be deviant enough ;-).

I found the work of this very talented man....




...and since DA provides the ability to blog a member's work, though they don't provide the capability for Blogger, I decided that it would acceptable to do this here as well....



©2007 ~Soczi



So, this is the work of 'Soczi' who is also known as Piotr Markiewicz.


I find his work to be inspiring...reminding me of just how badly I need a good camera!!!

Click on his name to see his gallery of work on his website. There are also works on Deviant Art, but there are different ones on each site with some overlap. Some of his works on DA are available as prints, which is a nice service that Deviant Art provides for its members.

6 comments:

PixieDust said...

I can't wait to see the integration of your spiritual knowledge and your photographic eye!
And deviance comes in many flavors - you may find one to your liking...
;-)

Cindy said...

Your comments are as precious as your blog writings! Maybe that's what the longing for a good camera is all about for me...I will focus on that idea...and on discovering my own form of deviance...

PixieDust said...

Woo!Hoo!

Cindy said...

:-)

kateri said...

Deviant is just another word for unlike anyone or anything else... or straying from the standard, even just a bit. I think you'll have no problem at all finding your own form of deviance. ;-) The photos are wonderful, and so is the new drawing by Cathy.

Let those intuitive eyes of yours give your camera a job! Can't wait to see what you find. :-)

Cindy said...

I looked up the words deviant and deviate and I said...oh, I've been that all my life, no wonder I couldn't recognize it!
On top of that, having been called a 'rebel' as if it were a terrible thing...and I realize that I can only be a rebel in the world as it is now, as I cannot conform to it.
Thanks for the reminders ;-)
Oh...and I looked up what camera was used for those photos...the Canon Rebel!