Tuesday, July 17, 2007

dragonfly energy...

While I was resting this afternoon (not getting enough sleep, lately), George, Michael and Claire, who is visiting for the first time today, took a walk in the woods behind our house. I handed George the camera before they left (so glad I did!) and he encountered quite a few dragonflies hovering over the man-made lake in the back. I had seen one the other day as well...it's been a good time for dragonfly encounters.


Dragonfly embodies a stripping away of all the beliefs that say we cannot do this or that, achieve a dream or goal, it is to remind us that anything is possible when we really get the understanding that we are part of Spirit and as such we have the power to manifest anything that we desire.
Dragonfly is the keeper of dreams, the knower within that sees all of our true potential and ability. Dragonfly strips away the illusions that say to us we cannot achieve our dreams and goal
s, that we are not worthy or capable when in fact it is our birthright and our true power to create anything we choose!


There's a lot more info at the link, just click on the first word above. The flower is, I believe, Pennsylvania Smartweed...
I love that name ;-).



Good job, George!

Claire and Mike at what's been turned into a skateboard ramp next to the water, reading all the 'lovely' messages there............>

2 comments:

kateri said...

That is a great photo. I love dragonflies... I wear a copper dragonfly on my denim jacket, always.

I saw one at work a couple of weeks ago that blew me away... it was HUGE with black and white wings. I was so stunned I hit my head on the doorway... literally, it blew me away! lololol

Cindy said...

I get the picture! Your poor head! I was talking to someone at aikido last week about dragonflies and what they represent, then I had one fly by me while I was out on the porch, and now these photos from George...pretty neat. Obviously it's dragonfly season or something, but they just keep coming around to my awareness.