Wednesday, July 11, 2007

marathon...

I'm in the middle of what gets to feel like an aikido marathon week! Carter is testing tonight for his blue belt. Normally we go to the dojo on Tuesdays and Thursdays, but will go in again on a Wednesday when someone that we know is testing. George and Michael have both been mentoring Carter, and we will be there a little early tonight so they can all practice before the test. For me, that means washing uniforms three days in a row, driving over an hour round-trip for three days in a row, and really just enjoying the people and the environment for a little while. Tonight at least there'll be pizza and whatever else is brought to share...I think I'll get some kind of cake in honor of Carter's test. I'll do my best to get a few photos to share.

Last night I actually managed to do a little preparation on my website, inbetween conversations with Claire and Cathy...maybe I'll finally get moving on this. I know as soon as I start, the words will just start to flow and the pages will multiply!

George got his driver's permit renewal in the mail today (yay!) so I'm sure he'll be doing more of the driving pretty soon...maybe even taking over for me on the aikido days...what will I do with all that free time???

I don't know if I'll ever actually answer Cathy's tag on Deviant Art, but it was fun to be included. I had felt more like an observer...so didn't even think that the initials would refer to me ;-), yet I am actually the only person on her list who has all of those initials in her name!...at least until Michael joins.

More later...hopefully with some photos.

No comments: