Sunday, July 15, 2007

on the wild side...sort of...

As I drove to the store today, I couldn't stop looking at the sky! There were pink streaks raying out across the sky from a point near the horizon...it was so beautiful. I thought about my camera at home, but didn't have time to turn around to get it. By the time I reached the pet store, I realized that I had an accomplice who might be willing to help, and I called George at home. He was about to take a walk anyway, and he managed to get a few photos. It's only an approximation of the spectacle that I saw, but still a good one....


When I parked at Whole Foods, I noticed that there was a stowaway on my license plate! A spider had actually spun a web, and came along for the ride....




















It's pretty clear in the top photo, and just over the first T in state on the bottom one. I took these tonight, under a floodlight, since I didn't expect to see the spider still there tomorrow. I love the idea of living dangerously, just didn't realize it was something that spiders enjoyed ;-).

No comments: