Sunday, July 22, 2007

quiet today...

The calm after the storm of activities...
Here are a few random photos from yesterday at camp....






























George was handed the new Harry Potter book yesterday, in it's Amazon.com box that says 'Attention Muggles-Do not deliver or open before July 21st'...it had to be handed to a person on delivery, not just left on the doorstep. Is it any wonder that it hasn't been the center of our lives this weekend? It is good to have it though, and I look forward to many nights reading aloud to Michael...it just wouldn't be the same for me to just read it to myself. It is amazing that in 9 years of Harry Potter books, this has always been my experience of them, to be reading them out loud, and there is a certain quality of experience in that that gives them a special place in my heart. There is a very lovely short tribute to the books and their author from one person's perspective here at Gryphon's Feather Studio.

In the camp photo above, my guys being 'ki' tested along with the 5 other people who tested along with them. They tested two at a time, side by side and then the last three together. George and Mike sat far enough away from each other that they didn't end up testing together, thank goodness for me and for Janet and Keith who took the video that I can't wait to see! Jorge and Lex had planned to uke for both of them, provided they got a break in between the two freestyles, but George was called up right after Mike and it was not possible for them to do two in a row. I am so pleasantly overwhelmed at the way this dojo functions like a family...and also grateful to Eric and Dave for volunteering to uke for George, and to the other two men, who look familiar to me but whose names I don't know...it all worked out very well.

The gi on the fence belongs to some unknown-to-me person, it was just an unusual and intriguing sight. The clouds up above from the same time and place, and my tree from last night, taken around midnight so flash was a necessity.

One more, of the building that the test took place in...
Okay, two then...the building where the party was held as well....



On to the rest of the day, in peaceful quietness so far...

2 comments:

kateri said...

so many lovely photos the last couple days! ANd CONGRATS TO THOSE BOYS (young men!) Sounds like it was quite an experience! You must be exhausted!

Sorry about the feeling separate... but I know what you mean. And think... you wold have never met your tree. Sometimes trees are just the ticket. ;-)

Miss you... talk soon.

Cindy said...

thanks kateri...I am more tired than I realized today...so many ideas of things to do and so little energy to do them.

The tree was just wonderful...I think it was just the right thing to do at the right time...and i think you know just what I mean about tree energy as you are so connected yourself!

i miss you too...we'll catch up soon. The mats get delivered and reassembled tomorrow...we're still not done yet :-(...but it's all good.