Saturday, July 21, 2007

success!

The test went beautifully well! My guys did great. Here's Mike during his freestyle, with three ukes (or attackers). Two are from our dojo...so nice to have familiar faces during the test..
In the photo on the right, Mike is throwing someone from another dojo, and Jorge and Lex are attacking from the left.
The ukes just keep getting up and coming back, rapid-fire, so the pressure is on continually.






Here is George in his freestyle....getting ready to throw Dave, who was his first mentor in the dojo, and Eric standing behind him, with another person from another dojo getting up.
















George and Mike after the test....






and with their very proud Sensei Cecelia!




This will have to do for now ;-).
We've got to get something to eat, and then head back to Villanova later for the party.

They did so well, I wasn't the only one who was proud of them...people they didn't know were coming up to them and congratulating them on how well they did.


p.s. on the way home I had to hit the brakes again for another deer! Right at the side of the road...I wasn't sure if it might run out in front of me, but it just looked straight at me when I stopped next to it!

2 comments:

PixieDust said...

:-D
Yay! Congratulations to your boys, to you! I know you are beaming, and rightly so.
Have a wonderful family, VICTORY, dinner.

Cindy said...

Thank you! Yes, it does feel great, and they are so happy...a milestone in their lives. We went to the camp party and had a great time...everything feels so different, in a very good way :-)