Thursday, July 19, 2007

villanova...

Just a few photos from our evening at Villanova U. for the beginning of aikido summer camp. We needed this 'dry run' as now I know that I have to take a different entrance ramp to the turnpike to get there for Saturday's test, since there is construction going on at the one that I tried to take today.

Here is a quietly taken photo, as photographs are generally discouraged...I set my camera on the bench next to me and hoped for the best. Only a portion of the people who will come for the weekend show up on Thursday night...I assume it's easier to take off work on a Friday than on Thursday for most people.





While George and Mike watched the class, I took a walk around the campus and got some decent photos. Here are two for now....

















I'm feeling so wiped-out tonight...it may be the humidity, but also, when I have to ignore my own natural rhythms and keep going when I need to take time to do other things or just 'be', it takes a toll on me. It's like my mind and my energy are telling me to go one way, and I am fighting against it in order to do what has to be done. It's not always easy to find a balance in these things.

I'll feel better when I catch up with myself ;-).

Maybe I'll put up some more photos when I have a chance to play with them a bit.

3 comments:

PixieDust said...

You rule-breaker, you!
;-)
I would certainly have tried the same thing. heehee
I read your post below (apparently I missed one) Wow! Mongolia?!
Yup, I know what you mean about not enough "me" time. Most times I've neglected me so long, it takes a while to figure out what "me" is saying!
Especially love the last photo you took, it gives the feel of another era.

Cindy said...

I agree about the last photo...there's something about the stonework that looks cemetery-like, I think. And, of course, the buildings are quite old anyway...so that helps.

Breaking rules, yes ;-)...actually Maruyama is just so big on controlling what photos are taken of him, etc. that there's just an air of caution about it...it's allowed during testing, though. I squatted down behind a wall at one point, to get a photo of my son, and he actually came off the mat to see who or what I was, I guess, since you could only see my head..must have looked like a sniper or something ;-)

The habit of ignoring my own needs and rhythms for the sake of what needs to be done for the boys is something that I have to consciously ferret out of my system...I'm getting much better at it, but I also really want them to do well on this test, and I enjoy going to the camp, too. Balance is the key, I guess.

Cindy said...

oh, yes, Mongolia...he's been there before, must be pretty neat...just thought I'd mention it as Carter looked so worn-out ;-)