Friday, August 17, 2007

beads, beads, beads...

My latest acquisitions for my beading collection...


This is the most I've ever had, these together with other beads that I've been collecting over time. I'm sure it will make life easier, to have a selection of stones, beads and pendants at my fingertips to play and experiment with. You can see some raku pendants at the lower left, some hammered rings and connectors and a clasp, and above those...Chinese painting stones, amber, amethyst, wooden beads coming out of the bags, a tree agate donut, serpentine, fluorite, coffee bean jasper and more.







To the right, lava stone beads, shells, turquoise, labradorite, red glass, green clay...

The two ceramic tile pendants at the bottom of the photo came from an Etsy shop, Earthen Soul. I like Etsy, all kinds of handmade goods by individual artists...and the pendant on the left was one that I found just after meeting a woman who, in Human Design terms, has the cross of the Sphinx...if you can make it out, it has an image of the Sphinx, as well as three holes on the bottom, which fits perfectly with Human Design, though if I explained, I'd lose you ;-), but I knew I had to have it when I saw it. There's also some Chinese resin beads carved with images of monks and Confucius and one in the shape of a moon, and a stone pendant, amazonite I think.


This one that I backlit is a spiderweb Agate pendant.












And here's an earlier photo of a project in the works....there are some lampworked beads on the right side, the necklace is being made with a Green Girl Studios pewter pendant and rings and red glass beads, and leather, I think, if it works out the way I want it to. There's a Shiana Silver dragonfly clasp there (from the Hill Tribes of Thailand), that I'd love to put together with some iridescent beads to pick up on the colors that would be in a dragonfly's wings....














My ability to focus on all this comes and goes...how wonderful it would be to have long stretches of time, to take walks in nature, to dream and imagine, and then to sit with these beads and create....I end up doing it in bits and pieces of time...not the best way...something needs to change!

Here's a beadwoven heart with fringe that I made many years ago....the colors are off...the inner section of the heart is a burgundy color. This is small...the heart part of it fits inside the circumference of a dime.


The backs of necklaces that I have already shown here....






That's it for now...hopefully there'll be more finished jewelry to show soon!

3 comments:

kateri said...

What a treasure chest full of inspiration! I'm so envious! It'sl like i used to feel when I got a new box of crayons, or a new set of playdough... I couldn't wait to let the colours fly! Please make time... I cannot wait to see what you create...

PixieDust said...

So exciting, those red beads are sumptious, I just want to pluck one like a cherry off a tree. And that spiderweb agate is gorgeous.

I certainly understand the start/stop way of creating and it is frustrating. Hopefully, you can manage a schedule where you will be able to lose yourself for a few hours from start to end.

Cannot wait to see your finished creations.

:-)

kateri said...

I'm waiting... so impatient for a Taurus, ain't I?

<3