Thursday, August 9, 2007

busy...

Busy day today. George got his cast this afternoon, still classified as a 'possible' fracture, the doctor said that we'll know more after four weeks when the cast comes off. Typical healing time for a scaphoid fracture is 8 weeks! He could see the 'something' on the x-ray and there was pain right at the point of where that bone is, so I guess that's as close to a diagnosis as we're going to get for this. I could see that George was feeling down, too. Unusual for him. I added some Gentian flower essence to his water, for discouragement, it's a great essence to help the healing process when one is feeling like they're going backwards in their life. It made quite a difference within about 10 minutes...he was up off of his bed and back to his usual self.

I printed a bunch of charts for a friend who I'll see tomorrow. I use both tropical astrological charts and human design system charts. I used to look at the Mayan Sacred Sun as well, but only do that now if I feel that I need to know something more, more of the essence of the person that doesn't show in any other charts. Sometimes that tells me something that helps to pinpoint a particular quality in a person's way of being. I'm looking forward to talking about these charts tomorrow, with a very unique person, it should be a lot of fun.

I was going to post some of the books that I've been reading. Maybe I'll do that soon. Cooking and cleaning and starting to dismantle the old set up for the ferrets took up quite a bit of time and energy.

I also had to make another trip to a pet store. I need another hammock for the ferrets, and I needed to get dry cat food. After that I stopped at the bookstore. It's always a great way for me to relax and be in a nice environment, surrounded by books and book lovers. The overhead speakers were playing the album that I posted a video of in my last post. Usually I either already know who's playing, or I'm not that interested in finding out, but for this one I had to go to the music department and find out who it was. Alison Sudol is self-taught and the sound is very fresh.

She's just 22 years old...this is from her bio...

"After teaching herself to play piano, Alison increasingly invested her internal narratives into song form. She found solace in the melodic melancholia of new global British bands Aqualung, Radiohead, Coldplay and Keane, etc... She was also moved by the diatonic minimalism of Philip Glass and the transportive allure of Icelandic music (Bjork, Sigur Ros.) Inspired, Alison developed the sound of A Fine Frenzy - hypnotic piano arrangements under classic American melody fused into irresistible, atmospheric songs with the power to reach around the world."

How about one more? This is a fun one for the visuals...Rangers...

1 comment:

PixieDust said...

Hopefully, this cast is not too cumbersome for George - sending you good vibes that this heals soon.

Bookstore is one of my favorite places in the world. When my daughter was younger the bookstore was a day's outing, packed her little backpack with snacks, and it was an adventure with elves, spells, dinosaurs (her favorite!).

So glad you have a day planned for youself with your charts - you are so knowledgeable about this.
I'll need to look up some more Alison Sudal the clip was very moving.