Wednesday, August 1, 2007

'family' moon...

A photo of the moon, just past full (waning), from about midnight on July 31st...or maybe just at the start of August 1st ;-). It is now conjunct it's own north node....the moon's nodes define our directions in life, the north leads to the future, while the south node points towards the past.

According to the Human Design System, the moon was in hexagram 37 at the time of this photo...Chia Jen/The Family [The Clan].

From Carol K. Anthony's 'A Guide to the I Ching'....

'(Working in a background position, and relying on the power of inner truth.)'

'This hexagram defines correct relationships between people within the family unit. This may also mean the spiritual family (oneself in relation to the Sage), or the human family. An old Chinese proverb says that if you want to correct the world, you must first correct the state; if you want to correct the state, you must first correct the family; if you want to correct the family, you must first correct yourselves. Working at self-correction is of the first and perhaps only importance. By making one's attitude correct, great changes in others' attitudes are made possible.'....

...'Another proverb says, "Be like water. Water is soft, but it's force is irresistible." True leadership, from the I Ching point of view, is not standing out in front, or on top. We support from beneath, through patience, inner firmness about what is right, and inner independence. We are always ready to withdraw when the moment requires it, to go our way alone. This is truly to love.'

4 comments:

kateri said...

Thank you, wise, intuitive Cindy, for sharing this. It is just what I needed to hear today. I hope you don't mind, but I want to borrow some of these words to write about them on my own blog today. Full credit will be given :-)

PixieDust said...

I have been so intrigued by the "I Ching" every since I began reading your blog. I can not put it off any longer, I need to head over to B&N (or at least the library), and learn a bit more - you are so knowledgeable in the arena... any wonder I noted you as Wisdom on one of my post...

:-)

katie said...

"be like water..." yes, this is so very true. thank you for reminding me. i have been reading 'the tao of leadership' and find it helpful when i teach classes. I'm new in this self-study of the tao te ching - it's not the same as I Ching or is it? some of the messages certainly sound similar...

Cindy said...

hi katie...you're right that they're two different texts, but also that the messages are similar. I think they all lead to the same Universal source. Good luck in your studies!

pixiedust...happy book hunting, let me know what you find.

thanks again, kateri...