Sunday, August 5, 2007

innocence...

Zen says that if you drop knowledge - and within knowledge everything is included; your name, your identity, everything, because this has been given to you by others - if you drop all that has been given by others, you will have a totally different quality to your being: innocence. This will be a crucifixion of the persona, the personality, and there will be a resurrection of your innocence. You will become a child again, reborn.

Osho Dang Dang Doko Dang Chapter 7



From the Osho Zen Tarot deck online...click here.

7 comments:

kateri said...

We are all born with innocence, hey? And then the influences begin. Even the planets and stars give us their influences.

What a lovely image... is that from a deck?

Hope you are feeling like a child again, reborn.. :-)

LOVE to you...

PixieDust said...

Love the imagery this evokes...

:-)

Cindy said...

This is the card that came up for me last night...I added the link for the deck...it's been very accurate for me. I am feeling more like a child ;-)...settling back into my true nature, slowly...

Carter said...

I dunno, Cindy - I think that innocence is overrated. It's the complexity and challenge of life that I most enjoy... in retrospect. Maybe not while Ryan's furnace is blowing up.

Cindy said...

Carter, it's the maintaining of innocence in the midst of all that complexity that counts :-)...so when did the furnace blow up? I thought you were taking it easy for the rest of the summer...

Carter said...

No recent furnace issues, thank God - I was being self-depricating for freaking out all February long. I certainly could have used a dose of innocence then. And yes, definitely taking it easy!

Cindy said...

Good, I'm glad you weren't playing with the furnace in this heat ;-)...however, we exercised some of our innocence in the ER today with another broken bone for George! At least he's finished with his aikido testing.