Saturday, August 11, 2007

let the beauty of what you love...


My second entry for the Art Bead Scene Challenge. This month's theme is A Midsummer Night's Dream. I had made this a little while back, and only just realized that it fits the woodland aspect of the theme for this month. There's more to come for this theme, I love anything to do with fairies and nature, so I'm working on some other entries as well.

Here's the details on the elements in the necklace...

Heather Wynn
polymer clay focal that says 'Let the beauty of what you love be what you do' around the outside of the pendant. There's also a pattern on the back with a silver feather hanging from the loop. The rest is turquoise, Lillypilly wooden alchemy beads, Green Girl Studios tiny flying heart, czech glass, Shiana hill tribe silver clasp and seed beads.

6 comments:

Jean said...

why have I never seen your blog before? you even like Damien Rice!
you rock!

Cindy said...

Hi Jean...good to see you here too ;-) Nice to know that I rock...I do sometimes feel like a turtle, though, maybe I am a rock as well ;-)

kateri said...

Oh wow, this one is REALLY lovely... I adore the wooden beads. What a beautiful focal point, too! You are having fun with this aren't you???

Cindy said...

Thanks Kateri...it is a perfect theme for me. I have one more in the works and lots of ideas...hopefully I can get some more done before August is over.

PixieDust said...

Ay, me encanta! I'm loving your jewelry, and this one is my favorite... so far... you know, I have a feeling that the more I see the harder it will become to choose a fave...

love the colors, I had a renaissance-type wedding, and wore a green wedding dress, and this beauty so reminds me of that special day.

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! I would love to see you take a picture with this necklace on.

:-)

Cindy said...

pixie...thank you...this is fun ;-)
your wedding sounds wonderful...i'll work on those photos...