Monday, August 20, 2007

rainy days....

I wanted to show the little bit of progress that I've made with my bead stash. It's fun to organize it all...I love the look of wood and basketry when I can manage to find ways to make that work. I had this divided shadowbox frame for awhile, and decided to use it for bead storage. When I went back to Michael's Arts and Crafts store to see if I could get more, they only had these graduated trays (on top), which are nice, too. I'll have to work on making some divided boxes, so much nicer than plastic, which a lot of my stuff is in.

I started playing with an idea for one of the raku pieces that I bought, using lots of seed beads and the hammered rings. This is just for me to get a sense of how I want it to look...
Just a beginning...I envision fringe hanging from the rings, so it will probably change as I play with some ideas. The light colored seed beads are transparent...you can't really see it fully here.

It's been so much cooler and it's been raining most of the day today. I keep expecting to hear a school bus...so strange...we're planning a trip to the beach...now we have to wait out this weather. It so much changes my mood...I feel somewhat invigorated as I tend to feel in the fall...but then I feel out of sorts, because it is still summer....confusing.

The new ferret cage is wonderful, but they are not used to it, and probably are using their old sense of where they have to go to get to the litter boxes....I won't go into details, but I'm doing a lot of cleaning up after them! And one of them is not feeling well...so that doesn't help...but look how they snuggle together...healing comfort....








My friend Jerry Wennstrom has a new interview online...on a London-based website called Fridaycities. You can read it here. Jerry chose to completely change his life at the age of 29 and follow the callings of Spirit...he gives some interesting answers to a very tongue-in-cheek interviewer.

And a little note on a movie...I found this in Blockbuster last night...it looked intriguing, and I'm glad I watched it...it's very sweet in a not overly sweet way....you can see the trailer here.

4 comments:

PixieDust said...

Can't wait until your piece is finished, I love this little face.

This was a great movie! It was so charming, their friendship is inspiring.

Cindy said...

I had a feeling you might know this movie ;-). I'm waiting for Sliding Doors, now.

kateri said...

SO there is yet another movie I have to watch? I am not typically a film person... but there are a handful that I have loved so much I will watch them ten times.
One that watch every year is called "The Widow of St Pierre"... a French film... find it. (warning... the French don't do happy endings but they do know how to capture aching beauty)

Okay, the necklace is STUNNING just as is... the only thing I would do is something else where the seed beads meet the pendant, some knots or metalwork, just to give it space, set it off but of course that is more permanent, and you are just playing setting it up right now... I would buy this as is....it is earthy, textural, and simple enough to let the individual elements shine.

I want to play, too!

Cindy said...

Kateri, thank you! Something was bothering me about that part. I thought it was just the fact that I had two sets of thread in the one hole, but you've refocused me on that...wirework or something else to give it space is a great idea!