Friday, September 7, 2007

alejandro costas...

I haven't been feeling very 'wordy' lately. Lots of things going on inside of me, and for good reasons, as I have a website that I need to create, among other things. When the words don't come, I allow for the times of blog quietness, in order that my inner world can have time for processing, and so I don't just put up random stuff....though maybe that would be good, too ;-). I know people who can write everyday (you know who you are ;-)) and do it well...but not me...at least not at this time in my life.

I've been enjoying looking at some paintings on-line by a visionary artist from Argentina. Years ago, friends had come to visit from Buenos Aires, and showed photos of their home to us. In one photo, there were these magical looking prints on the walls behind the subject of the photo. I commented on how much I loved them. The friends are exporters of this artist's work, and after they returned home I recieved a gift in the mail of two of his prints.
The first you see above...there is a word hidden in the trees...it took me years to see this. It wasn't until I hung it on my bedroom wall and got to see it every night that one night it suddenly jumped out at me. What a surprise that was! It may be more obvious in this reproduction of it...the colors are more muted in my copy.
For those of you who read spanish...here is the title and description...
"La naturaleza implora..."
Por intermedio de sus árboles, la naturaleza nos envía un mensaje para que tomemos conciencia, oportunamente, de la autodestrucción persistente del hombre.
Hay, concretamente, una palabra escrita con nitidez y que por trat
arse de la PAZ, es un poco difícil de hallar...


The other print is here....

and the title and description...
"La creación... del ideal"
Recrear "La creación", mi objetivo.
Dios crea al hombre y el hombre crea las diferencias.
Pueblos lujosos, pueblos humildes;
un antagonismo milenario, una rivalidad histórica quebrada con apenas una flor. La naturaleza como elemento de unión.
Flor que surge de un pueblo ideal, sin extremos aberrantes,
sin canillas de oro y gente sin agua.
Un lugar más sobrio pero sin dudas, más humano y más digno de ser habitado que el nuestro, con canillas de oro y gente sin agua.


The artist is Alejandro Costas. Here is a photo of him from his website, which you can go to by clicking here...




Here are a few more of my favorites from his website...they all bring a smile to my heart...

3 comments:

PixieDust said...

Oh, wow... these are absolutely gorgeous! I've never heard of this artist - thank you! And I do see the word, so appropriate, yes?

Is your website for work? I must admit I'm always hoping to see more of your beautiful jewelry posted - not, that I'm trying to rush you! I remain patient... but hopeful...

;-)

kateri said...

What glorious colour and imagery and I saw that word right away! I think it helps that it is small...

this is really joyful work!
makes me smile, too!

(just let a few drops sit on my tongue...I didn'thave the energy to tell you about the middle of my night last night...but you might read about on my blog. thank goodness you sent those essences.)

Cindy said...

The website is on the sidebar..natural inner healing remedies...it will be for the emotional connections to illnesses...right now it's just a home page.
I do appreciate knowing that you're waiting to see more jewelry..it is very encouraging...i am slow, though, doing a lot of different things and trying to balance them all...but knowing that you're waiting gives me more impetus to do more jewelry...i have lots of ideas, too...one thing leads to another, which also slows me down ;-)