Saturday, September 15, 2007

aurora...

Artwork from my son, Michael...he drew this some months ago, and we scanned it a little while back...I just found it on his DA account ;-). He was inspired by the incredibly detailed work that Cathy does when she draws, so on this, all the little scales were painstakingly hand-drawn by him. When he was little he once looked at the new vacuum cleaner that we had gotten. It had all kinds of attachments in different colors on the back of it. He took a multicolored pack of clay and recreated the vacuum cleaner with each part attached in its respective color...I think he was about 4 or 5 years old! He doesn't draw much...gets frustrated with it when it doesn't come out the way he envisions it, but when he does he's very dedicated to the process.
If you click on the picture, it will take you to his Deviant Art page, then you can click again, and you'll see it large with all the details very clear.



Aurora by ~Blaze13 on deviantART

4 comments:

kateri said...

Just incredible. And how wonderful for him to have place to share it! I love the story about the vacuum cleaner...it reminds me of my son always creating fantasy creatures and little worlds out in my garden, out of clay. I would be weeding and from the corner of my eye see a little creature repelling down the fence post on a piece of embroidery floss! I would look under leaves of plants and see entire little worlds that he created. SO special...

I hope he shares more of his art... :-)

Plus, I love her name... Aurora...

Cindy said...

I love that image of little worlds hiding under leaves...very special! My guys used to create all kinds of set ups...maybe I can find pictures of some of them, but finding them while gardening had to be wonderful.

The naming of the artworks have kept him from posting. I guess he finally came up with this name and was able to put it up. Hopefully he'll draw more and have more to post.

PixieDust said...

Wow - all the detail... he is a true artist, yes? He should draw more often. Love the other works, also - Electrical Storm is brilliant!

:-)

Jean said...

that is stunning. !!!

jean