Wednesday, September 26, 2007

harvest moon...


This photo amazes me....I didn't even realize how clear it was until I uploaded it onto my computer. So, for once, I have a nice, almost sharp photo of the full moon. It's been quite a day for me...lots of insights and clearing out of old ways of being that have pulled me down for so long. While some people are dreading full moons, I am one of those strange people who look forward to them!

Here's one more...less clear, but colorful...



For the past few years, our garden has been cultivated less and less. This year, it's quite full of grasses and wildness, including some goldenrod flowers that I don't think I've ever seen in our garden. Of course, they've never had a chance to take root before. I've been watching them, lately. I'm wanting to make a flower essence out of them, as it is one of the projects that I need to do for the flower essence correspondence course that I am taking, and I don't think the opportunities to find flowers in bloom are going to getting any better than they are now. It's an interesting flower, the leaves are quite spiky, and the flowers seem to be pointing something out. There was a strong breeze yesterday, and I watched the entire stalk almost bend over backward, and yet the flowers seemed to hold their orientation and went right back to where they had been as if nothing had happened, when the breeze stopped pushing on them. The flower essence made from these flowers has a connection to speaking your truth...with that in mind, I can see how the flower itself holds to it's own way of being, regardless of the pressures put on it.


Goldenrod tends to be confused with Ragweed, and with causing much suffering to those with allergies. In fact, that is what I was taught, and I only just found out otherwise from Wikipedia! If you click on the flower names, you can go to Wiki and see more about them.

We've been having deer visiting the backyards just about every day lately. No photos, I'm afraid I'll scare them away if I try to get close enough, but today I saw a mother and her young one about two backyards over from ours. I walked to the back of my yard and she looked at me and started to walk closer. At the same time, the little one was jumping and bolting away a bit. At one point mom licked the baby's mouth...it was so sweet to watch, and then they walked off to go back over the train tracks to the woods. I followed a bit, mom kept stopping to look at me, but the little one took off and then the mom followed. I ended up taking a little walk in the back as well. I'm glad I did. I've been wanting to for awhile, but there always seems to be something else that needs taking care of. This time, I let myself be guided without even realizing that it was happening!

p.s. here's a link to an article by Robert Wilkinson on the effects of this full moon.

3 comments:

kateri said...

Goldenrod is such a lovely autumn flower...there are fields upon fields of them in places that I drive. And no...not the hayfever culprit... unless you are allergic to it ;-) We sell a few varieties at the nursery...they look so beautiful behind a group of delicate and round tiny asters. I love your interpretation of the plant...

The harvest moon...did you see her waning gibbous tonight? So lovely...and mysterious and very moon-like shrouded by the thin clouds.

Keep following...and leading, too :-)

PixieDust said...

The second picture of the moon should be made into a pendant, yes? It is a lovely shot.

It must have been touching to see mama and baby sharing some love...

:-)

Cindy said...

Just came in from watching the moon, to find your two sweet comments here...thank you!
I was laying on my back on our grassy hill, and watching wisps of clouds just flying past our waning gibbous moon...so amazing..almost like watching the ocean, but with a continuous flow of wave upon wave...