Monday, September 3, 2007

september nights...

I love to have little lights in my bay window...I think it's the beginning of autumn that makes me start to think of it. One year I had dragonflies floating around, but these kinds of lights don't last for very long. I just found these that look like paper lanterns...

I've been noticing that the one wren who's been sleeping under the eaves of our back porch had been joined by a second one. They had been occupying separate corners before, but, I guess as the nights get a little cooler, that's not so comfortable any more...




The little one on the left, however, is not quite used to this new sleeping place, and any noise that I make disturbs it. So, tonight it flew off over my head as I was starting to barbeque. I'll have to try to be more quiet in the future...or maybe it will just get used to the noise after a while. You should have seen my cat's face when it flew away!

2 comments:

kateri said...

that is the sweetest thing.. look at them all nestled in together. sometimes you just need that warm soul to cuddle up with.

PixieDust said...

Mmmmm, makes me want to snuggle...

:-)