Monday, October 8, 2007

magic card...

Just a short post, with a Magic the Gathering card that was given to me by my son George the other night...Careful Study...a message to me...I've set it up on my desk as a reminder...
Books are like crops—they must be thinned for best yield.

So far it's not helping any...but I'm hoping it will work some magic on my piles of books ;-). I gave a whole box of books back to a friend of mine not too long ago, and she emailed me over the weekend saying that she planned to give them away and did I want to take any of them back? Could it be that I am some sort of magnet for books? I wonder if there's a flower essence for that ;-).

3 comments:

PixieDust said...

What a wonderful card! One can never have too many books... although, after a while it IS frustrating looking for a place for them! heehee! Have a great Monday.

:-)

kateri said...

I am one to believe that there are never enough books. ALthough, once wehn I was studying and searching for answers in a stack of spiritual references of The Rule of St. Benedict, I became overwhelmingly confused. Too many translations, opinions, versions of the same truth. I chose two books in the end...one by a woman, and one by a man, and those are the two that I go back to. INstead of trying to absorb the stack...I learned two well.

But I still believe there can never be too many books :-)

Love, me

Cindy said...

I'm in such good company here, with my book loving sisters!
My favorite thing to do when I visit someone's home where they have shelves and shelves of books is to just get lost in their titles...I know two more homes now where I could do that ;-)...and when I get mine all straightened out, you two can come and do the same ;-).