Monday, October 22, 2007

mondays and treasures...

Monday is here. This weekend was wonderful and full of gifts. A visit from a friend on Saturday who I'd been quite distanced from, but who always seems to be a part of my life no matter what. A phone call on Saturday that I returned on Sunday which led to a new understanding of working with flower essences. I had given this person a 'mystery essence', not telling her what it was because I felt that the explanation would interfere with her experience of the healing properties of the essence. The outcome so far is an uncovering of buried treasure within her in a new way...an unraveling of parts of her life that need to be understood. I also went shopping with my sons on Saturday for fabric for Halloween costumes and for food...it was a lot of fun.

So, today I have the backyard and porch to myself again, and found more treasures. I wonder as I am just 'being' there and taking photos, why?...while other people are sitting behind desks at work...but there are insights and gifts that are so necessary for me...have you ever, ever seen this?...

I thought my eyes must be playing tricks on me, you know, when you've been looking towards the sun and then you see colors that aren't there?...but here they are in the photos...a cloud rainbow!














...and another blue flower in the sea of browns and greens....



Blue relates to the heart, to innocence and expression (talking, writing, sharing, etc.)....




...and a heart in the trees....





along with this nuthatch who was furiously attacking the bark on this oak tree to get a meal...














These are the things that I feel like I am missing when my backyard/driveway is full of people and cars...but I also look back at that time and wonder how often I will have the chance to feel like I've got a UN meeting going on in my backyard! Argentina/Italy, Peru and Russia were all represented there...and although I felt like I was an unwanted intrusion into their festivities, while they were intruding into my quiet space, still it is always fun to experience the wonders that others bring to my life. Being separated from my husband while still living in the same house brings a lot of uncomfortable feelings, especially when his friends are around and I wonder if I am seen as the 'problem' who won't toe the line and be a 'good wife' ;-). Cultural differences alone bring a lot of differences in expectations among people, and that combined with my own sense of myself as an individual creates a lot of inner and outer conflict.

So, today I find my hearts and birds and rainbows and blue flowers and all is well with the world.

1 comment:

PixieDust said...

I love these pictures you took - heart trees, rainbow clouds - the universe's affirmation that you are beautiful, that you deserve some peace and calm.

This is the paradox, yes? That which we are brings beauty, but can wreak havoc as well - the conflict though a necessity can be tiring, but then the respite... when least expected we come upon the lone blue flower and all is well.

Sending you lots of love, and this-

MMMMMMMMM!

That was a big hug from me!

:-)