Sunday, October 21, 2007

peace, again...

This is what I found today when I finally did get my quiet coffee break on the back porch...
...peace, truly....there is so much that noticing this flower represents to me, but I don't think I will write it all here....it is connected in my mind with over 20 years of experiences, and a culmination of all that has been working its way through me these past days...
There is a connection to rabbits in all of this...and mothering and nurturing...so it is pretty neat that this is called a Mouse Flower...it is also known as an Asiatic Dayflower, because it is a cultivated flower from Asia that generally only flowers for a single day, unless it is in a shady, cloudy environment, which this one is. I photographed it in my hand because I couldn't capture the gorgeous blue color as it was in its bed of brown and faded green...and it reminds me now of a photo that Kateri has on her blog of a mouse that climbed into her hand. The emotional connection is similar for me, as well...trusting and timid as a mouse this flower seems to be.

So, not an explanation, just an image and some emotions connected with it. Maybe it means something to you as you look and read...

3 comments:

kateri said...

Mouse flower...how sweet! And how delicate and beautiful! is it rare to find it?

PixieDust said...

It reminds me that though life can be fragile and fleeting, it is beautiful and we should appreciate any time we stumble upon that beauty...

:-)

Happy Monday,
Love,
Me

Cindy said...

It felt like a gift...I don't know if it's rare to find, but there were about 10 brown stalks next to it, so I've been missing them for awhile. I think the timing was perfect...I was ready to see it. I'm hoping to make an essence if I can find a patch of them.