Saturday, November 17, 2007

looking back...

The other day, when I was taking photos of the fall colors near the railroad tracks behind my house, I was also photographing little details and taking other photos of the effects of the mist on my surroundings. I played with some of the photos, cropping them and putting frames around them. Today I look at them and see an interesting theme.

To the left...I had cropped in to this part of the photo where a leaf had fallen while I was photographing....the branches seem to be trying to catch it, and the idea of letting go seems to fit.










And this, to the right...I focused in on an old post with wire and a vine wrapped around it....tied up...grabbing on, maybe...or tied up in knots...






That brought me to this one...it seemed unconnected to the themes of the others, but maybe not...today I see a connection. The circles...enclosing each other but not grasping or holding on?...some form of harmony or unity here...

I think there are many themes that can be seen in these photos...even the opposite to what I have pegged onto them....


I like that they were all taken at the same time, while I was in a particular mood...I can look back now and wonder at what it is I was seeing from within myself...and you can find your own meanings in the photos depending on what mood or state of mind you are in at the moment.

2 comments:

kateri said...

So interesting. What I love is the last photo...the monochromatic steeliness of it and then that gorgeous amber-y cluster of leaves just hinted at on the side.

That is a wonderful photo!!!

PixieDust said...

I love the branches trying to catch the leaves... this is beautiful... thank you...

:-)