Tuesday, February 10, 2009

taking it slow...

Two sick boys on my mind...making soup, lots of tea, pots of steamy chamomile and eucalyptus for breathing in...trying not to run my self down in the process. (oh, and this, too seems to be helping alot... Hyland's Flu, a homeopathic remedy for the flu)
Here they were a few days ago in the snow...




















...I look forward to seeing them in action again!

We've had unseasonably warm temps lately. That always seems to do it...just when you want to be out enjoying the day...although with the snow melting down that means a lot of wetness. Probably contributes to the tendency to get sick. Pre-spring fever, I guess.

While they were sledding, there were two Turkey Vultures overhead, and yesterday's sun lit up a little teacup set on my windowsill...they all came together in this...


I'm enjoying playing with Photoshop lately. So easy to put ideas together and get something strange and unusual!
I plan to use the bottom black part for a quote inspired by Neil Gaiman in Neverwhere. Here's the original, which stuck with me as soon as I read it..

"He had gone beyond the world of metaphor and simile into the place of things that are, and it was changing him."

I've been working on something like that myself, so it seemed very profound to me when I read it.