Tuesday, March 3, 2009

noises...

Yes, I'm hearing beautiful drumming sounds coming from my basement...he's getting the hang of reading music and playing beats...it's good.

But I woke early this morning to the sound of a helicopter overhead, one of those continuous drones for at least 20 minutes that said that something must have happened. I checked the news to find that the local train had hit a car and sent it flying into a nearby house, though with minimal damage as far as I can see.

This photo was taken by Action News' helicopter...


It is an intersection where there are no gates for the crossing, because it is such a wide intersection, it wouldn't be possible or useful to have gates that would do any good. The commenters on the article that I found wrote about people trying to beat the train at that crossing, but I was hearing that it was also very icy this morning and I think that maybe the driver just couldn't stop. The train pulls into the station there, so it is going very, very slowly. I'm sure it could have been a lot worse otherwise. Hopefully the driver is ok, there's not much info except that he or she was taken to a nearby hospital.

2 comments:

Light and Writing said...

oh, scary! Race a train, no way for me!
And the drums - my brother played drums and my mom was so happy b/c that always sounds good compared to say a trumpet or french horn!
Emma

Cindy said...

Emma,
This is so true, and I'm only just learning it...you really can't hit a bad note on the drums! They do sound good even with a beginner playing them, so it's pretty cool!