Friday, March 13, 2009

spring inside and macro challenge...

I clipped some forsythia branches a few days ago, and brought them inside. They are so amazingly in bloom now! You can see the brown backyard outside through the screen, what a contrast! It feels a little strange, it is still winter, but it surely makes me feel good, too!




Forsythia is another flower that brings the motivation for change and transformation, similar to the effect of snowdrop. I think I am needing these energies around me now. I am too tired right now to expand on this, but hopefully will post an entry about the uses of flower essences soon. They've been life savers for me!

At the same time that I was photographing these rays of sunshine, I decided to attempt to photograph something that might fit the theme of 'the movies' for the MacroDay challenge this week. I'm very happy with the results. I submitted the first one through flickr, and wanted to share another one here as well (two, now). I love the way the dvd reflected the flowers and added it's own rainbow too.



4 comments:

Lost Aussie said...

Oooh! Very cool photos. I love the reflections off the CD!
Thanks for joining the MacroDay band!
Marie

Cindy said...

Thank you, Marie ;-).
These images were such a surprise for me. I wanted to play around with the idea of movies and dvd's...this was what happened, so cool!

BLACK AND WHITE said...

Amazing photos!

Cindy said...

Thank you!