Sunday, November 22, 2009

more creations...

I've been knitting and crocheting shapes to felt...the top one is not felted yet, the other two are...
I think they could become pendants with some additions to them...
My son Mike's polymer clay with mica schist garnet stone, collected from Wissahickon Creek Park some time back...

Here's what i made with some of the mokume gane...

and a new idea (for me anyway)...I wanted to create the look of an old tablet...just a start I think...black clay with Pearl Ex powder...


I am discovering wet sanding for finishing the polymer clay beads...it's fun...i thought it would be tedious, but the clay gets this super smooth feel to it that's really gratifying. I've also been playing with different sealers and haven't been totally happy with them...spray sealer leaves an odor that I don't like, and acrylic varnish seemed to leave a residue. I'm going to try the varnish made specifically for polymer clay and see how that is.

More to come...(soon I hope)

2 comments:

mairedodd said...

i loooove the felted heart in the middle! so cute - and all of the polymer is great... i have to go back and find where i read something about sealer... will let you know when i do... these are great!

kvk said...

love the look of your polymer pieces - especially the tablets. When I go to the the Met Museum, I always head straight for the antiquities. And the luminous quality of the Pearl Ex powders - beautiful.

And from the earlier Anthropologie post - I need to get back on their mailing list! Man I love that catalog! We've been watching Man Shops Globe on the Sundance channel - it's about the guy who travels the world and finds all that cool stuff. So inspiring!

happy turkey (or nutloaf)!
xxx