Tuesday, December 8, 2009

library humor...

Oftentimes, when I put in a search term on my library's online catalog (which i love!) it responds with some really odd alternatives, just in case i didn't type in what i really wanted...


Searching for: Pir Vilayat Inayat Khan Did you mean pier Volta Uniat Khan?
Searching for: freeman zachary Did you mean freeman scary?
Searching for: Hazrat Inayat Khan Did you mean hazard Uniat Khan?


I don't quite understand the reasoning behind coding the program this way, but it is funny sometimes. And, if I click on the new spelling and link I get...

No titles found (0 hits) - Try these tips

...which is a bit of a letdown...why offer a new option if it's not viable? :-) but definitely adds a bit of humor to my day!

1 comment:

mairedodd said...

yeah, i love those too... have also become intrigued by the codes that are requested with comments... sometimes they seem so much like words... sometimes i think they are getting sarcastic on me... so how are things coming for tomorrow???!