Thursday, February 25, 2010

fluffy stuff

It's been quite a month!
Three snow storms, two power outages, head colds for me and my two sons...
I am ready for spring now ;-)

The forecasters had predicted something much worse than what we are actually getting so far. I read that this snow is wetter and heavier than usual, so that means that there's not as much to show for the amount of precipitation. Normally snow is about 10 inches of fluffy stuff to one inch of water, but this is closer to 7 inches per inch of water. In any case, it's not piling up much so far. There were also predictions of hurricane like winds, and we don't have that. So...here's a bit of fluffy stuff from today...

fluffy

fluffy

I'm happy to still have our power on.
Yesterday, so much of the last snow was melting away, and I was able to see the daffodils starting to sprout, and later spotted a flock of robins, so spring will be here soon!

3 comments:

mairedodd said...

i had robins hopping around on the grass (yes, grass) too... and now this! and there is talk of a storm next week! with the winds they worry about more trees down and power outages... i cannot believe how many trees are down or damaged... remarkable...
but your photos are so pretty!

Kreativlink said...

Oh my ... I'm so happy that here in my part of Austria winter finally is over! Hope you are done with it soon too!

Cindy said...

Thank you! I know just what you mean, can't wait for spring! The snow is finally starting to melt and brown and green are showing up. I do hope it continues.