Sunday, March 14, 2010

what a day!

After a day of water seeping into my basement, and a tree falling in front of my house, I thought I'd post something fun...
(and since I don't like the title much, I'll post what it says on the sidebar...
"This is Baby.
She has a very creative way of drinking water.
")



Here's a nighttime photo of the tree as the crew was cutting it up...

Fortunately, no one was hurt and no cars were damaged...and the cable and phone wires were untouched...pretty amazing actually! It sounded like a garbage can falling over to me, just a slow tumbling sound, since the branches of the tree in front of my house caught it and slowed its fall. I was hoping that March would be less eventful than February was, but it's not to be, I suppose. Maybe this is all for this year? I hope!

I found this online...
Ducks in N.Wildwood, NJ - Submitted by Ray

It was a happy day for ducks at least ;-)

6 comments:

mairedodd said...

march has certainly come in like a lion! lots and lots of rain - the kids went walking down my flooded street last night... nick got up to his mid thighs (he is 11 though), but still... and i had a cat who would drink water like that! so glad that tree didn't hurt anyone...

Kreativlink said...

Oh my... glad the tree did not even more damage!

Steph said...

Wowww! Glad to hear you're fine!

Cindy said...

Thanks!
My neighbor's been cutting up what's left of the tree today. They did lose their cable connection (internet, phone and tv!) because the tree took down the wire that runs across the street.
Funny enough, I decided last night that we we're done with these things, and woke up to find the power out! They were doing maintenance, so it was only out a few hours, but still! :-)

Marbella Jewelry Designs said...

awww, tht cat is just a neat drinker, doesn't want to get his face all wet and messy, hee hee.

glad the tree didn't hurt or damage anything or anyone.

Brooke said...

What a clever way for the cat to drink ~ if only we all took so much time to enjoy our meals. :)