Monday, April 12, 2010

mcgee...


First visit from McGee to the Owl box tonight (@ 8pm California time), while the owlets wait on the inside (inset photo)...
Very lucky screenshot! I should be finishing my tax return ;-), but how often do you get to see things like this?
He looks ghostly, but that's just because it's dark outside and the camera doesn't pick up the image as well as in the daytime...



See the live stream here...http://www.ustream.tv/theowlbox
and more about this in my previous post.

One more...
this video was captured by a Molly/McGee watcher of McGee bringing food...

Original Video - More videos at TinyPic

4 comments:

mairedodd said...

this is so awesome to watch - though i confess, i had to take it off of my open tabs during the day - waay to distracting!

Doreen said...

I love watching this too! I need to close the tab as well or I find that I just sit and stare for much too long! I still haven't seen McGee. Looks like he just makes a delivery and leaves. Do you know what bonding is? Last night there was no bonding. McGee brought a rabbit, but it's gone now. (How hungry are those babies?) Molly left for over TWO hours! Eeeks!

Cindy said...

It's just so much fun to watch them and see their progress. Must fulfill some kind of need that we have as humans...seeing the circle of life unfold before our eyes and sharing it with others.
I was waiting for Molly to come back last night...couldn't wait that long!
I did get to see one of the owlets cast a pellet...it just came flying out of his beak...a strange sight.
McGee's visits are quick. I think he brings food and then goes right back out for more. Bonding is similar to mating, he gets up on Molly's back and there's lots of hissing noises...but they say it's not really mating, just a way for them to stay connected to each other. I think as the owlets get bigger there's less room for McGee and also less time as they are so hungry.
It's so nice to share this with both of you!

Doreen said...

Thanks for the info! I've got to watch for McGee!