Wednesday, May 12, 2010

bluebells...

I am testing out Picasa's capabilities for uploading photos...



I found these growing in the garden recently. I was surprised to see them there, but now that I have looked them up, I find that it's not so much of a surprise. They seem to be Spanish Bluebells, also known as Wood Hyacinth. Very pretty, even the names are pretty, but also a plant that can grow anywhere and could possibly spread all over the garden! My plan is to get some large pots to transfer some of the herbs and flowers that seem to want to overgrow our garden space. There won't be any room for veggies otherwise! The weather's been so unpredictable, hopefully I'll be able to get something planted before the summer heat takes over.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

We grow veggies too, and my husband Tim is always lamenting more perennial flowe additions to our garden! If it were up to him, he'd have beets and peppers everywhere. :)

What veggies are you planning on having?