Tuesday, May 11, 2010

drawing and thrifting...

Picking up the pencils again...I finally decided where to start in my moleskine journal that I've had for awhile...


I'm enjoying Steven Aimone's book, Expressive Drawing. It has to go back to the library very soon, so I will put in a request again, and keep looking for a good price for it online. It's a beautiful book, and very motivating for me.

Yesterday I went to the thrift store, hoping to find some good frying pans and maybe some dishes and bowls...things keep wearing out and breaking here :-). Instead I found these...

My guys had a friend over yesterday. He brought his amp and guitar, and they got to see how it feels to practice together (Mike on drums, George on guitar)...wish I had some photos, but didn't want to spoil the energy that was happening between them...next time.

2 comments:

mairedodd said...

i love your drawing! and the 'finds' are terrific... that doll book looks so interesting! really love that banner!

brenda said...

I love your snuggly kitty drawing -- perfect! each line!-- Isn't that the way with thrift stores, the treasures you find are usually not the ones you set out to find! --thanks for stopping by my blog!