Saturday, May 15, 2010

from the oven...

The toaster oven that is...

I made one more mold (see the original two here), from the other side of the shell piece, the one that looked like it had poppy seeds on it :-). You can see that on the left side in the top photo. Then I molded some polymer clay with some scraps that I had. One is white with a little ecru mixed in, the other may be black mixed with silver, I'm not sure. These are just straight out of the oven, no sanding or painting. I just wanted to see what I could make with the molds and show the results here for inspiration.







One thing that I found myself doing when trying to get the right amount of clay into the mold, was to squash the clay in, and then take it out and tear off the excess and remold it until I was happy with the back of the piece. In the future, I would probably also texture the back or add some other detail to it. For now, I just wanted to see how it would look and feel.

2 comments:

Doreen said...

I like these...especially the one with the poppy seeds..I mean holes:)

Cindy said...

Thanks Doreen ;-)
If you make anything with the molding putty, I'd love to see it!