Monday, July 12, 2010

a smattering of images...

I set up a new bird feeder today. We haven't had one up in a while, but I plan to make up for that now. Last week, my neighbors had a crew come in and take down all of their trees and shrubs so that they can redo their landscaping. It was quite a shock for all of us, since our neighbors are very uncommunicative, and we had no warning and no information about what they were doing except for what I could find out from the work crew. It's pretty crummy (those trees were quite old and very healthy)...but in response, I am giving back to the birds for what they (and we) have lost...





Some of those bird photos were taken by my son Michael. He also photographed this chipmunk in another neighbor's yard...



And here's a bit of what we have growing in the garden...

No comments: